Longarm Quilting ServiceWe are delighted to offer a professional longarm quilting service here at The Quilt Room. We are a friendly team with a wealth of experience (over 1500 quilts under our belt!) so you know your quilt is in good hands with us in our lovely purpose built studio. Once we receive your quilt top we will have a consultation with you to discuss and go through everything. With your input and our expert guidence, we know you will be absolutely thrilled with your finished quilt.We have a fast turnaround time with short waiting lists and for those customers who need their quilt quilted really quickly we also offer a priority service. You can either send your quilt top in or visit us in our studio. For further information or to book an appointment please call us on 01306 877307.
Our Price List
The prices listed below are a guide to edge to edge quilting and you will receive a full quote once we have viewed your quilt. You can book your quilt in for a Priority Service
whereby on receipt of your quilt we will have it quilted and returned to you within a week. The cost of this service is £30.
For lovers of handquilting we also offer a basting service. We know sometimes basting a large quilt at home can be tricky so let us take the strain out of basting so you can just enjoy the pleasure of hand quilting.
|Quilt Size||Longarm Quilting||Line Basting||Gridded Basting|
|Cot - up to 40" x 50"||£65.00||£40.00||£50.00|
|Lap- up to 60" x 70"||£85.00||£45.00||£55.00|
|Single - up to 70" x 90"||£120.00||£50.00||£60.00|
|Double - up to 80" x 95"||£135.00||£55.00||£65.00|
|Queen - up to 90" x 100"||£145.00||£60.00||£70.00|
|King - up to 110" x 110"||£165.00||£70.00||£80.00|
|Super King - up to 120" x 120"||£185.00||£80.00||£90.00|
All threads that we use are 100% cotton and included within the quilting price. We do offer complex and dense quilting - for this type of quilting we would discuss all your requirements before giving a quote.
Binding Your Quilt
We are very happy to help you with your binding and we offer a 2½in double fold straight of grain binding with mitred corners. We can either machine sew your binding to the quilt top for you to hand finish, or we can hand finish your binding for you. If you wish to use this service just let us know and we will be happy to give you a quote.
Download our longarm pattern catalogue.
If you're looking for a particular themed pattern then just let us know as we hold many more patterns on our computer database plus we may be able to source a pattern for you.
* All loose threads must be trimmed. Please press your quilt top.
* Please pin a note on your quilt top indicating the top end. (This only applies if your quilt is directional).
* If you are providing your own backing and wadding, they need to be at least 4 inches larger on all sides. You can purchase backing and wadding at The Quilt Room and you will receive a 10% discount if purchased with us.
* Your backing must be squared up and pressed.
* Do not baste your quilt.
* Threads: We provide all threads which are specially recommended for our machine. They are all 100% cotton and you can choose from either plain or variegated. These are included in the total price and there is no extra charge for the variegated.
* If you are mailing us your quilt top, please make sure that you have it fully insured. (your post office can advise). When returning your quilt by post, we will also have it fully insured and carefully packaged in acid free tissue paper.
* If you are using our binding service, then please provide us with sufficient fabric.
About our Gammill Statler Stitcher
We were the first shop in the UK to own a Gammill Statler Stitcher and we've never looked back! Our longarm quilting service is now firmly established and an integral part of The Quilt Room. We have what is called a Gammill Statler Stitcher and this means our longarm quilting machine has a unique combination of a Gammill sewing head and a computer and software program, invented and developed by Paul Statler. This means that the machine is computer guided enabling it to stitch almost any design including intricate patterns. The Statler Stitcher allows us to determine accurate pattern and block size, stitches per inch, repetitions of the pattern and the offset of the pattern.
Gammill is a world wide renowned company that has been manufacturing its own brand of quilting machines since 1979 and in the early 1980s became the first company to develop a large-throat sewing machine on tracks which could be operated from both sides. This created a massive impact on the quilting world, as it became possible to complete a quilt in a matter of hours rather than days.